[QuadList] The Second VR-1200B comes to life

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Tue Jun 2 14:08:35 CDT 2009

Ted,

Here is the label of the Japanese interview with Davis. I think you
are exactly right. Translation???

They talk a lot about apples. Seems that Davis wanted the area to sell
some to the Japanese. Yes, it was recorded in Japan around the mid 70s.

I also have a tape of a film about Japan. Just many different scenes
of Japanese live with music.

The Burbank quad tape has a partially erased Tonight Show on it with
Carson. Not a full show but segments. Seems that in storage the tapes
were next to some magnetic field since the RF, audio and control
tracks disappear at the same time per each reel revolution. Or someone
did a poor job trying to bulk erase the tape.I have several that have
the same problem.

I recorded the Quad output to miniDV and then brought it into iMovie.
Output was H.264. That was uploaded to YouTube and they changed it
into Flash.

The Sony tape had the interview on it. The tape had no label.

The machines probably came from KIMA, Yakima. At least that is what is
written on the manuals.

Yes, that is certainly Davis. "Earlier on in Hugh's career, he started
out as an Advertising Sales Executive and on-air personality for KIMA-
TV."
So there is the KIMA connection.

Best,
Park