[QuadList] Copyright Issues

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sat Jun 6 18:53:15 CDT 2009

are they old clips off quad tapes that  really  don't exist anywhere?   I
have the feeling most   studios are  worried more about the "popular recent
stuff"  but   copyright violation is  copyright violaton....

YouTube  has some fairly harsh warnings about posting video for which you
do
not  own the rights and yet it appears to me that probably well over 90% of

what is on the site is in violation of the rules.  My video clips  would be
among the 90%, and I have reservations about posting these and  others that
think everyone would enjoy.  I certainly don't derive  any income from the
clips and I don't believe the owner is losing any  revenue, so perhaps the
only financial impact is to YouTube who gets more  "free" material.  (By
the
way, how does their site make (or propose  to make) any money?)  I doubt
that
the owners of what I have already  posted are going to be concerned about
it,
but that doesn't make it  right.

So, what's the prevailing wisdom about this?

Don

**************Stay connected and tighten your budget with a great mobile
device for under $50. Take a Peek!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100122638x1221845911x1201401556/aol?redir=http://www.getpeek.com/aol)