[QuadList] Copyright Issues

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Sun Jun 7 01:41:06 CDT 2009

Don,

I use the excuses that Ted posted, "a review or criticism for purposes
of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly
or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the author’s
observations."

For example, I have a short segment from a "Green Acres" that shows
enough to give the flavor of the show as well as showing how a quad
recording off the network line looked in the late 60s.

Other clips, like the A-82 demo tape from Abekas, is of historical
significants and I don't think Junaid will mind. No one from Ampex has
commented on the VPR-300 demo.

I did have a musical segment with CCR and Booker T and the MGs. I
might put that back but it seems that the music companies are the most
diligent about removing musical bits.

Of course the warnings from YouTube are there to protect their butts.
And you can see how much good it does.

BTW, one of my favorite clips are from Chicago and The Buggles. Both
outstanding performances. "Make Me Smile" was never done better live
and "Video Killed the Radio Stars" was the first time it was performed
live and had some of the record performers, including the memorable
female voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9slEfTBRXc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzViV6PUOSM

The guitar player, Terry Kath,  is incredible to watch.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Visit us: http://www.videopark.com