[QuadList] Copyright (and other rights) Issues

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Mon Jun 8 00:28:32 CDT 2009

OK ...    Park    Was you news  footage: some that was  owned by station or
network?  that you  had  shot?

I was  the Technical Director for the KABC-TV coverage of the MLK
parade in  Los Angeles. We wanted to use the "I Have A Dream" speech
but they  wanted a lot of money for an excerpt. We used news footage
instead... for free.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Visit  us: http://www.videopark.com

On Jun 7, 2009, at 11:36 AM, Ted  Langdell wrote:

> One such estate is that of Dr. Martin Luther  King.  Depending on the
> use, one has to license from  King's estate the of use excerpts of
> his "I have a dream"  speech and others, because of the underlying
> copyright in the  written speech, itself, and the "right of
> publicity" as it may  apply.

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585043x1201462775/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
JunestepsfooterNO62)