[QuadList] Friday Night Follies: Adds missing links to sign on and spot

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Sun Jun 21 12:08:57 CDT 2009

Tony,

But when the Betacam format arrived, it was much better than U-Matic.
We didn't have much else to pick from to do portable recording.
especially for news. I did wait until Betacam SP was introduced before
jumping into that format. We used portable 1" for high-end clients and
U-Matic for the others.

But when you really look at even SP, the poor luminance frequency
response (around 3 MHz) and the noisy chroma channels, digital did
really help when D-2 and Digi Beta were introduced.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Visit us: http://www.videopark.com