[QuadList] Quad air filters, before and after!

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Tue Jun 23 07:20:14 CDT 2009

We never had a problem like this.  I had a preventive schedule that  every
100 hours of head use, the filters would be cleaned.  In a post house  this
was like 3 times a year.  Also we did a servo alignment to keep the  lock
time down to about 3.5 sec.  At that time we would get the air gun out  and
blow out the machine.  It was a way to keep the things clean as a  whistle.
We would also clean off the hand prints etc off them.  The  room was a non
smoking and food or drink area.  It was such that even after  10 years they
still looked almost as good as new.  We kept the door over  the front of the
Amtec, Colortec, and Proc amp closed.  The only door  removed was the one
over the signal system. The Vel Comp and DOC door was also  kept on the
machines.  It made for a neater look and we felt that the  clients appreciated it.
We kept the back on the machines to keep the dirt  down.

We found that if we ran the Proc Amp in unity and used the output gain on
the signal system we could go more generations.

There was a modification that meant that we never had to open the  doors.
It was the add of a delay line in series with the Proc Amp 3.58 to  adjust
burst phase.  This was mounted on a blank module on the far right of  the
signal system.  It looked like it was from the factory when I got  done.

The only other modification we did was to use the 625 capstan servo pot as
a fine oscillator adjustment.  I will bet  that almost every machine  did
that.

Chris Hill
grill. (http://food.aol.com/grilling?ncid=emlcntusfood00000004)