[QuadList] .NBC is said to have trashed around 15 years of "Tonight Show" tapes

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Sun Mar 1 20:06:21 CST 2009

Yep. That's what I have heard. I do have a Carson quad from the New
York years that is partially erased. Seems that in storage, something
erased a part of the tape. You can see the RF go down, the control
track disappears and the audio get real low. And it repeats every
revolution of the reel.

You can get a glimpse of the show and it looks great. Carson is very
young. It's even on a reel with the RCA logo.

Maybe an AVR-1 could play it back but with the picture disappearing
every 10 seconds, may not be worth the effort.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Visit us: http://www.videopark.com