[QuadList] SSSM has been taken down--- but here's where to find it.

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 6 17:07:43 CST 2009

		On Mar 5, 2009, at 2:14 PM, Ted Langdell wrote:

 > Dennis,
 > Yes, the site intact, and back up again.
site was backed up by an Australian who is writing a book about
editing.

		On Feb. 18, 2009 John Buck advised the TIG that:

> I noticed this week that Jack's great historical site that covers all
> electronic editing had closed due to hosting issues.
>
> With only the intention of keeping it alive, I have moved the files
> over to my own web domain.
>
> If anyone has any issues with that please let me know.
>
> John
>
> http://www.velocite.net/lobby.html
> http://www.velocite.net/ampex/ampex.html

		Ted continued:

 > So click on the links above to re-discover the content of the site.
 (Thanks, Jack!)
 > I haven't had time to see whether the software Jack offered for free
on the site was also backed up and re-posted along with the museum
pages.
 > Perhaps Jack can advise whether he backed up the entire Sierra Madre
website or just the museum portion?
 > Jack... you can hit reply... and if you're not subscribed to the
QuadList, I'll get an e-mail asking for my approval, which I will give.
 > If you're at NAB this April, please make a point of coming by the
second annual lunch the group is having. 12:30, Tuesday, April 21
somewhere near the show floor.

		I say:

	Thanks for the update, Ted.  And thank God for John Buck's quick
action.  As far as I'm concerned, that museum site was an amazingly
valuable resource that must be preserved.

			Dennis Degan, Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
	  				NBC Today Show, New York