[QuadList] SSSM -content preserved--update

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 7 12:41:12 CST 2009

		On Mar 6, 2009, at 10:44 PM, Ted Langdell wrote:

 > Know that this thread has sparked some assistance from some very
helpful resources, in keeping with the "preservation of the knowledge
to use them" aspect of the group.

		I say:

	Thanks you, Ted.  It's resources like these that are worth saving.

		Ted also said:

 > From a Starbucks in Denver, headed for Colorado Springs, where Quad
Heads get new life!
 > (Sounds like the name of an award... The Quad Head Award for......  I
don't know... suggestions?  What it looks like?  A retired headwheel,
perhaps?)

		I offer:

	"The Quaddie Award" for excellence in preserving the vanishing art of
2-inch quadruplex videotape recording and reproduction.  The award
should be a golden statue of a female figure (think 'goddess') holding
a headwheel above her head, as if she is honoring that which it
represents (four spinning heads).  She is standing on a reel of quad
tape.  Hopefully, it won't resemble an Emmy too much.    ;)

			Dennis Degan, Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
	  				NBC Today Show, New York