[QuadList] Award that looks like ad (was SSSM -content preserved--update)

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Mon Mar 9 10:50:32 CDT 2009

On Mar 9, 2009, at 9:26 AM, Joe Owens wrote:

>> I think it should look like an "emmy" kneeling down in front of a
>> "board
>> extended" quad machine with Tek Lab scope, schematics and manuals all
>> around.  It will look very familiar.  Gary
>>
>> PS. You all know which ad I am talking about.
>>

> Yes, indeed.  or perhaps only half a torso (waist-down) protruding
> from a lower bay, cards removed. (with a semi-contented "yummy"
> expression on the "face" of the quad being serviced....)
>

> Joe Owens

And someone's getting cost estimates, right?  : )

On the design and award manufacturing...  not on the VR-2000
service.  That's likely to be more.

This reminded me of the post one long-time Post House engineer made
when the series of ads referred to above was the subject of a thread
on another forum (TIG, I think...)

The ad made him think of the outline of an engineer they laid out in
white tape on the floor in front of a piece of particularly time-
consuming equipment.  Rank, I think.