[QuadList] This has to be a record

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Mon Mar 30 08:41:12 CDT 2009

In a message dated 3/29/2009 4:52:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
DennyD1 at verizon.net writes:

> All of the 1-inch VTRs were Sony machines, many were branded RCA but
> were actually built by Sony.  The complete rebuild of the tape floor
> happened after I left NBC in 1979.  I don't think NBC NY had any of
> those RCA-built 1-inch VTRs either (I forgot the model number).  But
> there was a clear corporate drive towards including RCA equipment when
> possible.  The timing may not have been right for VTRs, but there was
> tons of other equipment there made by RCA: cameras, switchers, audio
> gear, even DAs.

I never saw any RCA badged Sony 1000's or 1100'.s Only Sony gear. Neither the
Ampex VPR 2 series nor the RCA TR 800 ever make it in the building as far as
I know. The announcement of going to MII in 1986 was a major "change" and the
attempted end of Sony gear. Didn't quite work out as planned...

>       David:
>
> >I'll work on the floor plan. I have at least one NBC tape room with
> VR 1000s and one of the TRT Xs in rotation on my web site. More to
> come.
>
>       I ask:
>
>   What's the website's URL?
>
>       www.dcvideo.com

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Archived Videotape Re-mastering
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)
818-285-9942 (cell)
DCFWTX at AOL.COM
DAVID at DCVIDEO.COM
WWW.DCVIDEO.COM

Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a
recession.