[QuadList] Next major Quad Videotape Group Events--Nov. 3-7, St. Louis, MO

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Fri May 22 01:23:28 CDT 2009

If the world keeps turning without major need of lubrication or an
emergency bearing-air supply...

Next major event(s) will be at the Association of Moving Image
Archivists Conference in St. Louis, MO, November 3-7.

Several people on the list—Steve Greene and Klara are working on
official Conference presentations/workshops involving Quad tape.

The Quad Videotape Group social event will likely be a dinner on
Tuesday, Nov. 3, so that it doesn't conflict with other official AMIA
Conference events, which begin on Wednesday, Nov. 4.

Our event may include recognition for people have been —in some way—
instrumental in creating, maintaining or preserving the programming,
equipment and knowledge of Quad "how to."

And someone who would qualify for a Quad "Rookie of the Year" award as
a well qualified, newcomer to the use, care, migration (and possibly
maintenence) of Quad tapes and Equipment.

Please be thinking of people you know who might fit into those concepts.

And also be thinking of companies or other organizations that might
find sponsorship appropriate for various aspects of this awards event
(including airfare for several honorees or historic people.)

Expect some merriment, which could include music.  As a fundraiser, I
could be persuaded to sing (or NOT sing) "Rust on Thin Plastic" to
"Stairway to Heaven" or "We've Got To Find Xylene" to "We're Having A
Heat Wave."

Some of you may have other ideas... such as seeing who can whistle the
same frequency as a working headwheel.

Have an enjoyable Friday!

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com