[QuadList] TR-600's hit the road

Steve Greene steve.greene at nara.gov
Mon Nov 16 07:50:11 CST 2009

Friends and Colleagues,
It is with mixed emotion that I announce the departure of all of the
Nixon Library's eight TR-600 two-inch VTR's and associated parts,
headwheel panels, documentation and test tapes for a new home at the
Library of Congress'es National Audiovisual Conservation Center in
Culpeper, Virgina.  See
http://mysite.verizon.net/sgreene59/TR-600/Adobe%20Web%20Gallery/index.html
for pictures.  Our parent organization long ago decided to take the
contracting approach to preserving the large quad collections in the
Presidential Library System and elsewhere in the National Archives.
With the imminent departure of the Nixon Presidential Materials for
greener pastures on the west coast, a new home for all this glorious old
equipment seemed in order.

Here's hoping they have many years of productive life ahead of them in
Culpeper!

Best Regards,

Steve Greene
Audiovisual Archivist