[QuadList] Quad reproductions at AMIA Meeting

dcfwtx at aol.com dcfwtx at aol.com
Tue Nov 3 23:50:51 CST 2009

For those here at the AMIA meeting, make sure you attend at least these two functions:

The Reel-Thing: There will be a presentation of several segments from "Meet Cyd Charisse". This recently found 2" original color recording that has never been seen since it's airing in December of 1959. The program will discuss the background of this RCA labs color (non-standard low band) program with some details about the machines that were involved at that time.

Archival Screening Night: There will be a presentation from what is believed to be the third oldest surviving 2" color videotape in existence, recorded November 9, 1958. This is an RCA labs (non-standard low band) color recovery.

In addition, please stop by the booth and say hello. As with last year, we will be presenting a continuous program of various vintage videotape recovery samples. I think you will find the variety enjoyable.

I look forward to meeting each and everyone of you, especially those I missed at tonights dinner.

David Crosthwait