[QuadList] Everly Brothers

bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv
Thu Nov 5 06:44:27 CST 2009

Here you guys go making me know how old I am again!  I was at the Everly
Brothers tapings in 1970.  I met the tape recordist/editor, but can't
remember his name.  I do remember that he only had two fingers and a
thumb on one hand which was enough to lock the reels and push the
buttons.  All I saw in the tape room were VR-2000 machines.  This series
is sitting in some vault on quad and should be recovered if it hasn't
been already.

An interesting side note on the Tina Turner episode was that they had
her and her backup singer/dancers do a number over several times
claiming there was a technical problem.  After the fifth take she
stopped and looked at the camera and said, "There ain't nothing wrong
back there, you just want to see us dance some more!" and refused to do
it again.

That summer I met Kenny Rogers, Johnny Cash, Bobby Vinton, Bobbie
Gentry, Tina and Ike, and, of course, Don and Phil Everly plus many
more.  I met almost as many celebrities at the World Cup showings at the
Forum that year. The summer of 1970 was quite special for me!

I wish I could have been in St. Louis with you guys.

Bill Spencer
RF Engineering Supervisor
NorthStar Studios, Inc.
3201 Dickerson Pike
Nashville, TN 37207

Phone 615.650.6000 ext. 6610
Cell 615.445.5616
Fax 615.650.6027
email bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE/HIPAA PRIVACY RULE: This message may contain
under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to act on behalf of the intended recipient) of this message,
please do not disclose, forward, distribute, copy, or use this message
or its contents. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete the original
message from your e-mail system. Thank you.