[QuadList] RCA Hetrodyne Process and Early Color

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Tue Nov 10 15:35:49 CST 2009

Dave

You had the first ATC that RCA built for quads.  It was the same size  as
the Proc Amp and the Pix-Lock servo chassis.  This was the equivalent of  the
AMPEX AMTEC.  That would have been a welcome addition to any TRT.

The mixing does the following.  3.58 unstable from tape plus  stable 19.8
gives 23.38 unstable.  23.68 unstable minus 19.68 unstable  gives 3.58 with
the errors canceled out.  Black magic that I have  always had a tough time
getting my mind to grab a hold of this.

So I have to ask.  Does this TRT still exist?  If so where is it  and what
condition?

Chris Hill
WA8IGN