[QuadList] Unknow mystery quad modules????--Sold to the onlybidder

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Thu Nov 26 13:16:27 CST 2009

Ted:

It has been done.  A copy of the post to the oldvtrs list is below.
I'm pleased to report that the FR-900 modules have been acquired by the good folks at LOIRP.  Dennis Wingo who is responsible for getting this project going asked me to thank the list member who first pointed these out.  LOIRP is an incredible story of bringing old technology, in this case with equipment that is exceedingly rare, back to life and using that technoloy to recover lost information that otherwise would never have been seen.  For those of you not familiar with their work, you can learn all about it here as well as see pictures of the FR-900 machine. http://www.moonviews.com/

I'll post a link to the Ampex product brochure for the FR-900 after I put it online later today.

Don