[QuadList] Variacs and awakening gear from long naps (was Got my VR 1200's)

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Fri Nov 27 10:07:07 CST 2009

Hi, Guy,

On Nov 27, 2009, at 6:54 AM, Guy Spiller wrote:

> In the anecdotal evidence department, I did find that I got a lot
> less smoke on the TR-70 I brought up slowly on the Variac than the
> one I didn't.

Tell us about your Variac:  Make/Model, capacities, connectors, etc.
Where'd you get yours, etc.

Could be of use to folks wanting to acquire one able to handle the
biggest of the big iron.

Hope everyone got enough "amperage" at the groaning board yesterday,
but without increasing the linear measurement of the waistline.