[QuadList] Got my VR 1200's

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Fri Nov 27 10:29:14 CST 2009

In a message dated 11/27/2009 7:55:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
quadruplex at verizon.net writes:

> Probably replaced 25% or less the number of caps in that one.
> I first learned that trick from John Turner, I believe it was, on
> powering up an AVR-2 after a long nap.  He said it will blow an
> incredible number of caps with full line voltage at first.

In my experience, I can confirm this. The champion in blown caps/shorted
power supplies after a long power off is the AVR-2!

David Crosthwait

DC Video
Archived Media Transfer & Re-mastering Services
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)