[QuadList] Got my VR 1200's

Guy Spiller quadruplex at verizon.net
Fri Nov 27 12:02:13 CST 2009

Actually, I never even got to the audio boards.  I noticed it as I was
going through and taking inventory on the specs of the caps in the
signal system and especially the TBC modules, since that was the area
that was most flaky after I got it playing tape.
John did specifically mention the audio boards as "smokers" though.....I
can only assume the Variac saved the day there, as it at least played
back audio without having to replace any parts.
As an aside, I have yet to find a bad cap in a TR-70 power
supply...except one small one in the regulator module in one machine.
It's a good thing as the ones in the supplies themselves are HUGE and
I'm sure virtually unobtainium at this point.
In a 70, the smoke never comes from the power supplies....they always
win....the poor resistors and caps elsewhere in the machine...always lose!
Guy

DCFWTX at aol.com wrote:

> Let me guess that some, if not all, are on the audio boards.
>
> David

Guy Spiller
email: quadruplex at verizon.net
phone: (804) 379-2050