[QuadList] AMPEX Mark Ten 5 mil head

Guy Spiller quadruplex at verizon.net
Mon Nov 30 05:13:54 CST 2009

If I only had a 1200!
I have some personal 7 1/2 ips low band monochrome recordings that I
would like to play someday, and so far, have been unable to find an RCA
5 mil head.
Back in the day, I saw very few 7 1/2 ips recordings that were not low
band...but of course, most of my quad experience back then was in
educational television.  When we went color in '69, we went to 15
ips...and sadly, more than a few 15 ips recordings were made with
leftover 5 mil heads.  Talk about squirrelly tracking...
Has anyone else had much conact with 7 1/2 material?  I know that I have
not yet gotten an outside 7 1/2 tape in to transfer or even an inquiry
about it.
Guy

--
Guy Spiller