[QuadList] Hello from near Darmstadt and Frankfurt--Chasing Bosch Quads--Part 1-Sunday-w-photos

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Mon Oct 5 17:47:13 CDT 2009

(I posted this as one long post w/ 4.5mb of photos and haven't seen
it hit either the server or my mailbox... so am posting with fewer
photos and more sections.  Apologies if you get both versions.)

Part 1:
Arrived at Frankfurt airport around 11:30 local time, and have spent
the day with Gert Redlich, creator of the fernsehmuseum.info website.

Our first stop was a small radio museum in the town of Pfungstadt,
where "Mr. Fese" Liam O'Hainnin greeted us with coffee and cake.

Among other people there: Helmut Bergman, DL3FA, who says he's had
good contacts on 20 meters, Saturday with Eastern US Hams.  He
invites a call.  "CQ DL3FA." He's usually on the air from 1800-2200
Frankfurt time, which is 6-hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time.

Helmut has a 1923 German ham set on display at the museum.  Ask him
to tell you about it.

We then ventured over to Liam's home and collection of vintage
radios, wire recorders, and Bosch Fernseh equipment.
I'll be putting a page together about that before I get home (or I'll
never have time to do so...) and will post more photos.

(More in Part 2)

flashscan8.us
209 East 12th Street
Marysville, CA 95901