[QuadList] The Demise of Vidipax-Founder comments on AMIA list

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Oct 15 10:19:14 CDT 2009

Vidipax founder Jim Lindner posted comments about the dismantling of
his creation on the Association of Moving Archivists (AMIA) list this
morning.

http://lsv.uky.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0910&L=amia-
l&O=D&X=66EC6C575983055117&Y=preservation%40tedlangdell.com&P=14531

As this bulk-sale and then auction developed, I could only think of
how heart wrenching this must have been to watch happen... especially
when there were some contractual obligations for the owner to enable
Jim to obtain the museum contents.  Jim makes brief allusion to that
in his post.

I ran across the full details when Googling for information regarding
the owner and Vidipax when the sell-off was announced.

I hope the equipment that survives has landed in good homes.  I know
that the list-members who were successful bidders (and post-auction
negotiators) will take good care of what they obtained.

Very tough to see something like what Jim had built be shredded.