[QuadList] Quaddy Awards--Here are the nominees. Please vote by end of Monday, 10/19

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Fri Oct 16 11:26:12 CDT 2009

Its time to select the recipient of the annual Quaddie™ or Quaddy™
award,
bestowed through the Quad Videotape Group for meritorious service to
preserve Quad Videotape, the machines that play them, and the
knowledge needed to do so.

Or as Dennis Degan suggested back on March 7, ""The Quaddie Award"
for excellence in preserving the vanishing art of 2-inch quadruplex
videotape recording and reproduction."

I should have had these out to you by Sept. 1 w/ voting concluded
Sept 15, but like a lot of other folks on the list... there's been a
lot of things going on.  That said:

Here are the only nominees received during the time nominations were
open in July and August.

No one else on the list felt moved to nominate anyone else (although
I know there are others on and off the list who deserve recognition
for their efforts and we hope to see them recognized in the future.)

On Jul 19, 2009, at 3:01 PM, Dennis Degan wrote:

> Ted:
>
> 	I want to be the one who nominates Mr. C. Park Seward to be the
> first nominee and recipient of the first annual "Quaddie" Award,
> presented to him in honor of his long career in the television
> industry, his pioneering work to preserve and maintain the history
> and equipment of quad videotape, and his generosity in sharing his
> knowledge of the restoration of both quad videotape recordings and
> machines.
>
> 			Dennis Degan, Video Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
> 	  					NBC Today Show, New York

As the facilitator of the group (and the voting) I felt it
appropriate at the time to remain silent about nominations.

With so few nominees (and myself included in the list...) I ask the
group now if it feels Jim Lindner, founder of Vidipax should be
included in our list of nominees?

Or perhaps Jim should be recognized with a different award from the
group for his efforts in the field of video tape transfer and
restoration, which encompassed more than Quad?

To facilitate this process, please highlight and copy the text
including the --------- lines,

----------------2009 Quaddy/Quaddie Award ballot------------------

Please put an X in the (  ) next to the name or topic to make your
choice.

Award Name Preference:
(     )  Quaddy Award
(     )  Quaddie Award

Quaddy/Quaddie Award recipient: (Add Jim Lindner's name in the blank
spot if you wish to include him)
(     )  Park Seward
(     )  Ted Langdell
(     )

Separate award for Jim Lindner?
(     )  Yes
(     )  No

----------------2009 Quaddy/Quaddie Award ballot------------------

and then click here: mailto:ted at quadvideotapegroup.com?subject=Quaddy
Award Ballot )

Paste the ballot text into the new e-mail and then make your
selections, then send.

Balloting ends by the end of Monday, Oct. 19, 2009 at 11:59:59
Pacific Daylight Time.

Thanks for helping recognize contributors to the ability to transfer
Quad as we near the 53rd anniversary of its first commercial use,
Nov. 30, 1956.