[QuadList] Post a message and get a good story with TR-70 in action

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Oct 15 19:21:50 CDT 2009

Multiple replies to:

On Oct 15, 2009, at 4:32 PM, C. Park Seward wrote:

> And to repay the favor, here is a shot of an Ampex 1200B in action,
> dubbing a concert by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band from 1074. We went
> to DigiBeta and uncompressed hard drive simultaneously.

That must be a REALLY old tape... A contemporary of Pope GregoryVII
and William the Conqueror... :)

On Oct 15, 2009, at 5:07 PM, Guy Spiller wrote:
> Damn, there's ANOTHER one.... I thought I had 'em all!  LOL
> Another C too, although with a few monitoring "mods" here and
> there.  I'm suddenly feeling a kindred spirit with my brothers down
> south....
> Ted, did you invite them to join the quad group?
> Guy
> www.GuySpiller.com

Yes, I did, and Ian's already subscribed... just after Park's post
and before your post... so Ian likely will see it.

Pat Shevlin posted from a non-subscribed address... and is e-mail was
called to my attention:
Pat said:
> The attached picture looks like a Sony 1" C.
> Ted was the wrong picture attached to this e-mail?

I think the picture extends way beyond the edges of most e-mail
windows.  There is a BVH-2000 which has the Quad playback video in
its monitor... but if you open the photo (double-click on it?) you'll
see the TR-70 in all its glory with motion blur on the reels.

There you have it.