[QuadList] JFK Documentary on History Channel

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Tue Oct 20 14:47:29 CDT 2009

In a message dated 10/20/2009 12:17:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jjm332 at nyu.edu writes:

> Those of you who caught the JFK documentary on The History Channel last
> week ("JFK: Three Shots that Changed America") saw an awful lot of tv
> coverage from b/w 2". If you missed it, you might want to watch for it in reruns
> next week.  It's amazing how much stuff was actually recorded in the days
> just after the assassination, and the show is a great demonstration of how
> critical it is to save videotaped material for the future. (Disclaimer: a
> former co-worker of mine produced it; I had nothing to do with it myself.)
>
> Jeff Martin
> Chicago, IL

Hello Jeff,

Yes, WFAA (just down the street from the School Book Deposit Repository)
broke into a local show they were taping with their bulletins (and later with
Abraham Zapruder with his camera). KRLD also later recorded events too (they
had their truck at The Trade Mart). WBAP was in Ft. Worth with KTVT (their
remote truck) for the Chamber of Commerce Breakfast (a tape we transferred
here) the morning of November 22, 1963. KRLD and WBAP fed the network that
afternoon (WBAP was in color) with reports. The next day, the three affiliates
were in the Police Building when that all occurred (I transferred WBAP's
version of the shooting).

David Crosthwait

DC Video
Archived Media Transfer & Re-mastering Services
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)