[QuadList] Question about NBC color TZ delay prior to Quad

dcfwtx at aol.com dcfwtx at aol.com
Tue Oct 27 09:04:39 CDT 2009

Regarding Lenticular: Several years ago, a friend and co-worker of mine (since deceased), who was an engineer at NBC Burbank in the Lenticular film and RCA labs color conversion days of the VR 1000's in Burbank, gave me a rare publication (maybe it's available elsewhere?) titled: "Color Kinescope Recording on Embossed Film"; dated March 19, 1956. It's very descriptive with text, photos, and drawings (two attachments here). You may note that this publication date was very close to the date of the Ampex  demonstration of the quad machine in Chicago.

In the coming weeks, I'll be posting some notes from conversations I've had with one of the last remaining individuals who were present at NBC Burbank during those initial color recording days (film and videotape).

David