[QuadList] Question about NBC color TZ delay prior to Quad

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Sat Oct 31 16:24:52 CDT 2009

In a message dated 10/29/2009 9:48:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jjm332 at nyu.edu writes:

> Were they shown on a delay in black and white or did NBC air the >
> >color programs live in all time zones? I'm just curious as to >
> >whether west coast viewers were essentially shut out of color >
> >programming prior to the invention of color tape recording. Many >
> >thanks and keep up the great work on this site.

I just received the following from one who was there when Lenticular
started:

"David,  we went from B/W to only Lenticular, because Lenticular was
basically a B/W emulsion that could be processed in the time allowed for the 3
hour zone delays."

We will hear more about this later.

David