[QuadList] Rebuilding RCA TR-600s

John Walko jwalko at scenesavers.com
Tue Sep 8 12:04:29 CDT 2009

Chris:

Thanks for the insight.especially about the reel motors.  I'm not sure it is
the solenoid.but it sounds like that is what is buzzing.replacing the
solenoid seems pretty straight-forward, if that is what it is.  It is the
solenoid that appears to actuate the reel brakes.

Regarding being in HB or LB, we did look at that switch.  In fact, we played
a low band tape and noticed that putting the switch into low band improved
the images (made it brighter and it appeared sharper.but that could be
imagined because it was brighter).  We were definitely in HB when attempting
to play the color tape.

I like the idea about the scope and testing the signal.will try that later.

Thanks;

John Walko