[QuadList] Rebuilding RCA TR-600s

Trevor Brown videovault at sky.com
Tue Sep 8 14:06:00 CDT 2009

John Walko

Interesting project like the rest of the list I wait for the second
installment

We do need to know if the machine is locked to external sync

Chris Hill is full of good advice

The issue with the color bars changing color in the regen mode tells me that
the machine is not gen-locking to the incoming black burst in that mode.

 A way to tell this is to trigger your scope from the outside house burst
and look at the output of the machine.  If the two signals are moving, then
you are not locked

A quicker way is to put external sync on the picture monitor and select it

You will see then if it is locked and it will help you tell if the if the H
phase is working (Horizontal phase is not working at this point (knob turns,
but it doesn’t do anything).

Love RCA machines hate the TR600 they were a problem from new, particularly
if equipped with the AE600 editor

Trevor