[QuadList] Rebuilding RCA TR-600s

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 9 18:02:08 CDT 2009

		On Sep 8, 2009, at 5:28 PM, Rob Lingelbach wrote:

 > We had about 12 TR600s at Unitel in New York City during the 1970s
and 80s.  It was the first recorder that I learned to operate, and we
regularly loaded one and sometimes two of them into our remote trucks
to do location shoots.

		I say:

	Rob, you must have known John Tierney then.
	I worked at Unitel for 12 years, starting in 1987.  Some of those
TR-600's ended their life as dubbing machines in the Unitel dubbing
room at the back of 515 West 57th Street, across the street from the
original Unitel building.

	  					NBC Today Show, New York