[QuadList] RCA Headwheel

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Sat Apr 17 02:52:13 CDT 2010

I was talking to our CE today. I had sent him the VR-2000 videos that Park had put up recently. He then brought me over to the engineering closet and showed me something I hadn't seen in around 20 years; a case with an RCA headwheel assembly.

It looks fairly intact, but the motor doesn't spin freely. Probably too many years in the humid Florida weather. It had a sticker indicating that it had been refurbished by... (CVC??? I don't remember, the company owned by Kodak. I know I saw a lot of those labels before)

Is it just an artifact to be admired, or should I implore the company to have it refurbished for some greater good?

Anyway, it was fascinating to see one again.

Scott Thomas