[QuadList] Video available from '74

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Sun Apr 4 12:07:25 CDT 2010

I recently transferred a number of quad reels from an Australian company,
Armstrong Audio Video, also known as AAV.  They were recorded in PAL in the
mid 70's, and then converted at their facility to NTSC.  I've received
permission to post some of this material on YouTube, and the first clip is
now available at  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMwZWLPpcFM

This is a montage with a lot of shots of their facility, classic mid 70's
gear as well as some of what was then cutting-edge technology like the Rutt
synthesizer and even the CMX editor which was discussed on the quad list a
month or so ago.  You can see 4 different models of video recorders, audio
recorders, cameras, etc.  A fantastic time capsule from the quad era.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com