[QuadList] AMPEX approvals, etc.

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Apr 15 14:48:29 CDT 2010

RE: approval:

Depending on the age of the material and copyright laws applicable at
the time or now, some of this matter may be out of copyright and into
Public Domain. Even so, it would be nice to acknowledge the company.

The key would seem to be whether it was "Published,"  which I
understand to mean is that the material was made available for sale to
the general public.

Meantime, on behalf of list members, and others interested, I am asked
Park for the Ampex person's contact info with the intent of arranging
some ongoing permissions and parameters for distribution of old
materials, and then making that available.

If I'm successful in doing so, it would enable posters or duplicators
to add "Posted (or Duplicated) with permission of Ampex Corp. per....."

We would post the document on QuadVideotapeGroup.com so those who wish
to check the terms can do so.

If someone has contact info for the right department at the successor
to RCA...  I'd make the same effort with GE, or whomever may own the
rights to the applicable documents and training materials for RCA
Broadcast products.

Thanks very much for the thank yous and compliments.  I agree it was a
fun "lunch" even though I don't think most of actually chewed food.

Ted.