[QuadList] Vintage WSAZ-TV video 1985

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 16 09:37:58 CDT 2010

		On Apr 16, 2010, at 12:15 AM, Ted Langdell wrote:

 > Do you know how many of them were connected and available to the 6A
switcher?

		I reply:

	I remember from the show that they called them out as they switched
between them . . . all 14.  I'm not certain how they pulled this off.
The coordination to get that many cameras available at the same time
must have been quite a feat.  As I recall every one of them was
operable and shown on the air through the 6A switcher.  It must have
taken a few days just to get everything hooked up and running.  The
studio had normally 5 cameras of its own (I'm not sure if that was
true back when this stunt was done or not).  So if that was true at
the time, they'd need to add 9 more cameras.  Studio 8H normally has 8
cameras in operation (that studio has CCUs for 12), so most could have
come from there.  Studio 8G might also have 'donated' some cameras as
that studio may have also been down at the time.  I'm guessing that
the CCU's were NOT moved; they would have been remote-operated from
whatever studio they were in.  That would mean long TV-81 cable runs
from floor to floor for the camera heads plus lots of time needed to
sync up the cameras into Studio 6A.

	  					NBC Today Show, New York