[QuadList] CMX 600 demo on-line

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Aug 10 03:47:48 CDT 2010

The CMX 600 non-linear editor popped up many times in a section of
QuadList member John Buck's book about video editing that I was
previewing this weekend.

And then it popped up again in conjunction with a conversation I had
Monday afternoon with editor/editing software designer Lon McQuillin (http://www.mcqpro.com/
)

While chatting, Lon described using the CMX 600 at OnePass in San
Francisco... when he and One Pass co-owner Tom Werner managed to
digitize, edit, and complete a dozen :30 spots in an 18-hour marathon.

If I correctly understood what he meant by "complete" as to include
making Quad masters from the EDL, that's quite an accomplishment.
Even just getting the EDL complete is quite something.

While googling for Dave Bargen to answer a question Lon had, this CMX
600 demo unexpectedly popped up:
http://www.raggedhook.com/cmx-600-demo-first-nonlinear-editing-system

You'll see some Ampex Quads at work in conjunction with digitizing the
footage for the demo tape.

Enjoy.