[QuadList] Semi-OT: Can you imagine what it would take to do this on vide...

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Thu Aug 12 07:00:32 CDT 2010

We used to do a weekly edit on quad that required the use of 5  machines.

Record
Core
Product A
Product B
Key Tape for the effect between products to go over core

It was funny that because it was for the Canadian market, they eventually
had to try to do it in Canada.  But no one had 5 machines under computer
control.  It was doomed to failure, and it came back to Detroit.  We  had a
RA-4000 with 5 VTR control.  The CMX also could control every machine  in the
place except for the VR-1200s.  You could theoretically get as many  as
seven VTR's.  They would have been a mix of formats.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN