[QuadList] Image Orthicon physics (was Early Quad Color--"Saving Cyd Charisse"...)

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Aug 12 09:34:09 CDT 2010

Here's a poop sheet on an RCA 5820, describing its principles of
operation:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~sensing-sensors/S2009/pix_etc/Image_Orthicon-5820.pdf

The Halo effect is explained here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_camera_tube#Dark_halo

The lack of the built-in edge enhancement is what prompted CBS Labs to
develop the image enhancer/edge enhancer/contour detail system which
it used with   the network's Norelco PC-60/70 cameras.

Ted