[QuadList] Early Quad Color--"Saving Cyd Charisse" gets a secondlook at AMIA's The Reel Thing, this Saturday.

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sun Aug 15 01:01:05 CDT 2010

The Afternoon presentations were all good, but the wrap with Ralph
Sargent explaining how the RCA Labs Color Heterodyne processor worked
was quite well explained by a good powerpoint.

Dan Wingate did a good job with David's St. Louis presentation.
Having seen it, I enjoyed the re-run... especially the added material
I don't recall seening in St. Louis... a marvelously staged and shot
dance sequence with pools of light.

Bravo David!  There was some good Q&A after... and then a number of us—
including Gary Adams—went to dinner at the Arclight theater up Vine
St... Talkd about Quad among other esoterica... and still made it back
in time for the sneak preview:

A 2K restoration and 2K filmout of 20th Century Fox's 1958 sci fi
thriller "The Fly" with Vincent Price and David Hedison (as Al
Hedison) in the lead role of scientist Andre Delambre.

A good time had by all.

Phoenix Monday, Tuesday. for demos. If time, hello to Ed,  and maybe a
side-trip to Tucson to say hello to Harold Deppe Sr. and Jr.

May your week ahead not suffer any quadrature error that can't be
adjusted out.

Ted