[QuadList] Early Quad Color--"Saving Cyd Charisse" gets a secondlook at AMIA's The Reel Thing, this Saturday.

David C. Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Sun Aug 15 07:23:58 CDT 2010

Hello Gary and Ted,

Good to hear that the presentations went well. I wished I could have
been there, believe me. The traffic jams up the Jersey turnpike and at
the entrance to the George Washington Bridge (NYC) made the jam-ups on
the 405 in LA look like cakewalk. And yes, some segments of the
spliced Cyd master had scratches apparently from the initial recording
or edit session. I thought you'd enjoy the Jade Dance segment and the
creative use of lighting.

The Cyd presentation in Washington D.C. went very well. Needless to
say, Cyd Charisse was an attention getter, as were other clips. The
migration of quad material was discussed along with other vintage
formats.

David Crosthwait