[QuadList] Edivue Uses

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Fri Dec 3 07:43:05 CST 2010

I still remember using the Smith splicer when I had the TRT-1B.  It  was
about 10 splices an hour maximum.

After changing jobs, we still kept Edivue around when the VR-1200 came into
 the production house.  I used it a couple of times when the edit timing
was  checked.  The erase delay was set and then checked to make sure the turn
on  and turn off times were correct.  This was done only after the erase
assembly was removed from the transport.  I think I did it only two times  in
over 10 years.

RCA did a better job because they had the front panel adjustment.   Also
they had the ability to see the RF envelope on the scope so that you could
check it.  Later model Ampex machines did not require the use of Edivue as
they added this feature.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN