[QuadList] Audio Edits on Quads

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Fri Dec 3 08:01:10 CST 2010

The audio edits were a problem for all recorders.  There has always  been a
problem with "pops" and "clicks" at edit points.  This was due to  the
instant turn on of the bias.  R-40 in the AVR-2 was the adjustment to  set a
ramp on time.  The VR-1200 had a field mod for this.  It never  worked
perfectly.  You could still hear an audio only edit.   Fortunately we had a storage
scope so that I could make the adjustments  faster.  It was a lot easier to
store the image and then decide how much to  turn.

The AVR-2 has a circuit in the record driver that turns on and off the
video heads so that they do not record during the pass over the audio  tracks.
It was the earlier machines that had this issue.  The VR  series.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN