[QuadList] Mechanical Splices

bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv bill.spencer at northstarstudios.tv
Thu Dec 2 11:15:50 CST 2010

Has anyone identified a suitable tape or tapes for splicing Quad at this point?

I would really like to know as well as the roll I have is over 40 years old and doesn't have much sticky left.  I was going to check with the audio supply house here and see if they have any ¼" .5mil foil tape that might be used for splicing audio tape.

Also, what is a source for hold down tape?  I know Quantegy took over the candy stripe tape from 3M, albeit with a green backing, but that is scarce nowadays.  Also, Fuji and Sony used to have sheets with precut tabs for 1" hold downs and they worked great on 2" as well.  Is there a source for something similar?  I always cringe when I open a box and see masking tape used as hold down.  Sometimes it bleeds through four or five turns of tape which have to be cut off before running through the machine.

Bill Spencer

NorthStar Studios, Inc.

3201 Dickerson Pike

Nashville, TN 37207

(615) 650-6610

CP (615) 445-5616

Has anyone identified a suitable tape or tapes for splicing Quad at this point?