[QuadList] John Radis/John Ramstead

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Dec 8 19:29:41 CST 2010

Hi, David,

On Dec 8, 2010, at 4:51 PM, David Keleshian wrote:

> Are you referring to John Ramstead here at TVC?

John Ramstead was the gentleman I was thinking of... who had
transfered the Edsel Show to Type C using the two tapes of the
program... the one that you arranged for us to see that's in the TVC
archive, and what he said was one from CBS NY.

At the time—summer of 2006—he said he'd done the transfer 25 years
prior... which would make it 1981.

John was telling me about what he did during the process... not much
to the video except adjust levels before hand, and then working on the
audio to improve what he said was "thin" sounding audio.

IIRC, he said there was one splice in the TVC tape.

I wanted to talk with him more and clarify some things, get accurate
notes or comments on camera or tape... and regret that I didn't do so
before he passed away.

Ted.