[QuadList] John Radis/John Ramstead

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Thu Dec 9 11:19:26 CST 2010

Ted,

My goof. I just saw your last line from the message yesterday:  "I
wanted to talk with him more and clarify some things, get accurate
notes or comments on camera or tape... and regret that I didn't do so
before he passed away."

I have a photo of a group with John in it from about 20 years ago. He
was well versed on the VR 2000.

David

On Dec 8, 2010, at 11:26 PM, Ted Langdell wrote:

> Hi, David...
>
>> On Dec 8, 2010, at 8:25 PM, David Crosthwait wrote:
>>
>>> Ted,
>>>
>>> I'm sorry to report this, but John Ramstead passed away approx. 2
>>> years ago.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> David
>

> I was saddened to learn that at the time.  I think David Keleshian
> advised of his passing.
>
> I wanted to talk with him more and clarify some things, get
> accurate notes or his comments about the process and his
> experiences over the years on camera or audio tape... and regret
> that I didn't do so before he passed away.
>
> Ted.
>

> On Dec 8, 2010, at 8:25 PM, David Crosthwait wrote:
>
>> Ted,
>>
>> I'm sorry to report this, but John Ramstead passed away approx. 2
>> years ago.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> David
>>

>> On Dec 8, 2010, at 5:29 PM, Ted Langdell wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, David,

>>> John Ramstead was the gentleman I was thinking of... who had
>>> transfered the Edsel Show to Type C using the two tapes of the
>>> program... the one that you arranged for us to see that's in the
>>> TVC archive, and what he said was one from CBS NY.
>>>
>>> At the time—summer of 2006—he said he'd done the transfer 25
>>> years prior... which would make it 1981.
>>>
>>> John was telling me about what he did during the process... not
>>> much to the video except adjust levels before hand, and then
>>> working on the audio to improve what he said was "thin" sounding
>>> audio.
>>>
>>> IIRC, he said there was one splice in the TVC tape.
>>>
>>> I wanted to talk with him more and clarify some things, get
>>> accurate notes or comments on camera or tape... and regret that I
>>> didn't do so before he passed away.
>>>
>>> Ted.
>>>
>>> Ted Langdell
>>> Secretary

>>> quadlist_quadvideotapegroup.com

>> quadlist_quadvideotapegroup.com
>
> Ted Langdell
> Secretary

> quadlist_quadvideotapegroup.com

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Archived Media Transfer and Re-mastering Services
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)