[QuadList] can anyone add info on telemation productions

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 05:33:45 CST 2010

Telemation had a number of interesting products.  The black and white
cameras that they made were very prolific in the cable and educational  market.
I thought that they did a beautiful job with their design.  I  remember the
simple unit that had a built in sync generator that you could  option up to
RS-170.  The viewfinder was about 5 inches and was an add on  to the basic
design.  The case was different so that you had to buy it as  OEM.  The
little camera cable used about a one inch diameter connector that  was unique to
Telemation.  But it worked and you could make a studio real  cheap and
compact.

I did not know that they sold the IVC cameras.  They were a unique  design
that did work and were also a pain in the but.  We started with two  of the
500A's at GTN in Detroit.  They had a special red tube and  did great on
reds.

I do remember Lyle Keyes.  Did he start Utah  Scientific?  He was a great
sales person for them.  I almost bought a  router from him.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN