[QuadList] had a great afternoon interviewing the guyn who sold the rca c...

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Fri Dec 24 13:32:24 CST 2010

I know that we all think of the TK-45 as the one that came after the 42,
43, and 44.  But it did not.  The original TK-45 was a three vidicon  tube
camera with a remotely operated turret and focus.  It was all tubes  and had
the TK-41, / 26 Colorplexor and Proc amps.  There were only a few  made.  I
was at the NAB show that introduced the later TK-45 and I told  them that I
had two TK-45's back home.  Then all of a sudden, the model got  changed to
TK-45 A.  They had forgotten about the early one.

Walter Reed had two of them that I am aware of.  One in an operating  room
and the other with a microscope for pathology work.  The main problem  with
the camera was that at f5.6 it took 1000 foot candles to get normal
pictures.

So again it would be interesting to hear the story.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN