[QuadList] Quad Videotape Group member gatherings this month?

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Mon Feb 1 02:42:49 CST 2010

This group originated with a drop-in lunch on Tuesday at NAB 2008 and
had some spirited discourse about Quad and a few other topics.

A number of members got together on two nights during the 2008
Association of Moving Image Archivists Conference in Savannah, GA.

During NAB 2009 we gathered in a location that may have had people
thinking about the Flip Wilson Show (on Quad?) and his line about "In
the Booth in the back in the corner in the dark."

We'll be posting a location for the 2010 NAB gathering sometime this
month after we can determine a place that won't require a cell-phone,
GPS or tracking dogs trained to smell videotape or empty Chroma 90
reels.

Feb/March, 2010:

Bill Spencer has offered to host a gathering in Nashville. We hope to
arrange something later this month.

I'll be in New York City this week (Thursday and Friday, Feb. 4 & 5)
and would be happy to see other folks from the NYC/NJ/CT region around
a table.

Maybe Alan Rosenfeld at B&H, Maurice Schecter at DuArt or Dennis Degan
at the Today Show have some ideas about where.

Other places might include:

Pittsburgh, PA
Philadelphia, PA (Feb. 2010 and during the joint AMIA/IASA Conference
Nov. 2-6 2010)
Baltimore/College Park/Washington DC.
Culpeper/Richmond, VA,
Raleigh/Hickory/Charlotte, NC,
Columbia, SC,
Miami, FL,
Atlanta, GA,
Nashville, TN,
St. Louis, MO
Chicago, IL
Madison/Milwaukee,WI,
Minneapolis, MN
Kansas City, MO
Oklahoma City, OK
Dallas, TX
Houston/Austin, TX
Albuquerque, NM
Phoenix/Tucson, AZ
Los Angeles, San Francisco and Sacramento, CA

Reply to: ted at quadvideotapegroup.com