[QuadList] Color Cameras

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Mon Feb 1 09:49:21 CST 2010

Guy

There were many reasons for differences.  I noticed that West Coast  video
seemed to have a different look that East Coast video.  Maybe it was  all
that BEACH time for the stars.

There was once a SMPTE group set up to study colorimetry.  I do not
remember what come of the group. I have had RCA and Norelco  cameras.  Along with
Ikegami Sony, and even IVC.  Each had their own  color differences.  I
always liked the look of the Norelco.  But each  manufacture had a matrix to
compensate for color.  And besides you can  always do the variable matrix.

I did notice that most of the later beam splitters were manufactured by
Fuji.  I always thought is was interesting that the base optics ended up
being the same.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN