[QuadList] DVE use to meet blanking specs: (was Quad Vs Type C)

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Mon Feb 1 09:09:13 CST 2010

The horror stories of Blanking.

We did all types of tricks to keep it legal.  Some of the stuff that  came
through was really bad.

The machines all had to be checked and we reset the blanking width to the
10.8 (?) width.  The VR-1200 had to have the jumpers moved on the PROC  AMP
delay line.  It came factory set at 11.1, the max.  We ran  external sync on
the proc amps so that the timing was easy.  All the  machines were color
framed by the editors so it always came up with out the half  cycle shift left
or right.  I think there was a kit for the AVR-2 to  help.  I would have to
do some research.

We used Squeeze zoom to DVE  the picture or on some spots we even put  a
color border around the bad part and made it part of the visual look.

We found that most Blanking issues were caused by sloppiness in the
operations at other places.  We prided ourselves on keeping everything to  the
best so that we could not be put down by the rivals in town.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN